SAEDNEWS: Addressing a gathering at the premises of the Iranian Foreign Ministry in Tehran on Wednesday, Maj. Gen. Salami said Palestinian fighters have so far employed only a small fraction of their capabilities in the war with the Zionist regime.
He added Israel, from military and political perspectives, cannot withstand a prolonged onslaught against Palestinians in the besieged enclave, stressing that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is intent on continuing the war solely for personal interests.
The top general went on to highlight that 30% of jobs in the occupied lands have been lost as a result of Israel’s war, emphasizing that the assault is also costing the Zionist regime’s economy around $260 million every day.
The main reason behind the continuation of the Gaza war is Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s personal interests, the IRGC chief said, noting Israel exhibited a weak and humiliating response in the face of Operation Al-Aqsa Storm.
Some of Israel’s most senior economists have recently warned that Tel Aviv faces an impending economic crisis following the Gaza war. The Israel’s current economic plans were no longer viable, the group of 300 economists cautioned.
“Palestinian generations have learned whom they should fight against… The oppressed Palestinian nation will win final victory,” Salami stated.
Back in mid-November, Deputy Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said that the Israeli military and its Western allies are terribly afraid of face-to-face engagement with the Palestinian fighters in the besieged Gaza Strip, adding that Tel Aviv is heavily bombing civilians out of despair.
Rear Admiral Fadavi stated the precision missiles of the Palestinian resistance movements have inflicted a "strategic defeat" on Israel and its backers.
In early October, Hamas launched a multi-pronged surprise military operation via land, sea and air against Israel. The group announced it was in response to the storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied East Jerusalem and Israeli settlers’ growing violence against Palestinians. The attacks have so far killed more than 1,200 and injured over 5,500, according to Israeli officials. Hamas also announced it is holding between at least 200 and 250 hostages.
Following the multi-front attack by Hamas, Israel carried out heavy bombardment across the Gaza Strip, killing more than 16,200 Palestinians, including at least 7,000 children and over 4,800 women, and wounding over 42,000 others, and levelling entire neighbourhoods. Thousands more are missing and feared buried under the rubble. The bombing, as well as enforced displacement orders by the Israeli Army, has also pushed 1.9 million people out of their homes.
Tel Aviv has also imposed a "complete siege" on Gaza, cutting off food, electricity, fuel and water supplies. The move has plunged the blockaded territory into a humanitarian crisis.
The Gaza Health Ministry has confirmed that the healthcare system in the besieged territory has “totally collapsed due to the Israeli war”. Dozens of hospitals and tens of medical centers are out of service due to Israeli raids, according to the enclave's health ministry. The UN agencies have also warned that the humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip is "catastrophic", calling for more international help as conditions deteriorate in the densely populated besieged enclave.
Tehran says the history of Israel is full of assassinations, massacre, torture and killing of Palestinian kids, and described Tel Aviv regime's atrocities and massacre of Palestinian women and children as indicative of the destitute of Zionists. Iranian officials say Tel Aviv has been struggling for more than 70 years to exit its identity crisis which has been mixed with genocide, plunder, forced displacement and scores of other inhumane moves (SOURCE: FARSNEWS).